Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Warnemunde, Germany–June 2

 

Most of our ship went on to Berlin for the day, a 3 1/2 hour trip each way.  We chose to stay here, since we will go to Berlin when we start traveling by train. 

Warnemunde is a resort on the Baltic Sea.  So it is touristy, but cute.  We were so tired we were going to skip it.  I decided to go out for a little and see if I could find internet.  I seem to spend more time looking for and using the internet than I do sightseeing.  Well on the way I saw that there were street performers.   I tried to take some pictures, but my camera would not stay open.  I found a photo shop where they checked out the batteries and said they were good but the camera wasn’t.  I went back to the ship, which was no small task since you had to go under a train station and walk quite a ways to get back, to get a credit card.  So, I got Duane, since he was feeling better after a good nap, and we went out together, bought the new camera and took a few pictures.

IMG_0009 (1024x768)   IMG_0010 (1024x768)

One of the street performers played classical music on glasses amazingly well.  I even bought his CD.  I don’t know how to post a video, so a still photo will have to do.  When I get home I might be able to email you the video.

Snapshot 1 (6-4-2012 12-36 PM) (2) (551x300)

 

June 3rd was a sea day.  We slept late, and had a restful day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment